Sunday 20 November 2011

One small step towards recovery, One huge leap for the season ahead.

A win is a win, and I win is exactly what we needed. Before yesterday we only had one away win all season (At the chavs) and it was a huge step getting back to consecutive away wins.
Our home form has been decent all season, it was only away which had been really letting us down.
Onto the game and the two goals both had a hint of class and quality. Theo is really beginning to light up this season and he showed that all through the game, tormenting his full-back, particularly for our first goal. Our second was a beauty of a finish from Robin's right foot. I was thinking at the time that Song should've slid Gervinho in earlier, but It seems he chose the right option and we retook the lead. It was 100% deserved and we managed to keep our heads well and keep the three points.
For the Norwich goal, Mertesacker made an absolute howler, and came under a lot of criticism from fans. The commentators were talking about how he was failing to adapt to English football but I honestly disagree. He hasnt done a lot wrong in my opinion and whilst he should've done better for their goal, the rest of the game he looked pretty solid.
For me, Thierry Henry is the greatest, and my favourite player to ever play for the club. As it is the MLS off-season, he is training with Arsenal to keep his fitness. Arsene Wenger had dismissed rumours that he could sign him on a short-term loan and to be honest I can't see it happening. Yet with Chamakh going off to ACN in January, a short term loan could fit in perfectly. I'm not sure I would be too happy about it though. Thierry's career is coming to an end. Any player of his age has lost a lot since his prime and he wouldn't be anywhere near what he was in the day. If he came here and did badly, it could tarnish his reputation, which isn't fair and definitely not deserved.
Onto the Dortmund game and I hope that we give Robin a bit of a rest. If I was Arsene I'd leave him on the bench and maybe bring him on, but it's not just Robin that the manager has to decide on. Players like Gervinho and Walcott need a rest too and it's up to the manager to get that balance right.


Lick my Arse
Thanks for reading
Follow me on twitter - @Arse_Licker.

No comments:

Post a Comment