Tuesday 11 October 2011

First the Worst (and the shortest)

Welcome to the Arselicker
You know what they say, first the worst. I have to admit that that phrase may be the case with this blog, but hopefully, gradually it will get better and better and by 4 (the one with the golden gun) as we used to call it at school, I should be feeling this blogging lark. So if I make you want to tear your eyeballs out, I apologise. Anyway I had a decent day, any day is decent when it starts with a bacon sandwich but who cares about that. Let's get on to the Arsenal.
Let's start with what no one really wants to start with. Sp*rs 2-1 Arsenal.
That scoreline says it all really and I don't want to go into this in real detail but I think that's one of the better performances iv seen us put in this season, particularly in the case of Francis Coquelin who put in a fantastic performance in defensive midfield.
Then there's the issue of our captain, Robin, and his contract situation. The main media focus seems to be on him but the reality Is Bacary Sagna and Theo haven't renewed either and if they don't we'll end up with a Na$ri situation in the summer x3.
Frankly, I can understand it, who would
sign a new contract with us now? But its the clubs duty to tie down these players, important players too, so we'll have to see how that pans out. That's all we can do. If results improve itl be 100 times easier to 1) sign new players and 2) keep the ones we do have. There was gossip today in papers, and from temporary Anzhi Makhachkala boss Roberto Carlos that the Russian club want our captain. Personally, I can't see it happening at this stage in Robin's career. He's at his peak, if he goes, he'l go to the best.
The other worthwhile topic for discussion is the battle of the banners.
On Sunday, a group of fans are planning to display a banner with the words 'thanks for the memories Arsene, now it's time to say goodbye' now I'm not against people airing their views, but doing so during this game, a vital game is stupid and foolish. Do these people think this banner will help the team? The players will see this. Is it meant to motivate them? The club would probably confiscate the banner if it does go up but I have to say if it's anywhere near where I'm sitting il tear it down myself. Then there's another banner planned, in support of Wenger. It's support we need and hopefully there'l be a great deal of that on Sunday.
That's it from me till after the game
Lick my Arse

Follow me on Twitter - @Arse_Licker
Or like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment